- WaysForward MoodBooster is an updated version of the earlier WaysForward Solution Focused Self Help Program
- It was first distributed to educational psychologists, schools, and child and family therapy teams within social work
- Then developed as an online resource, and made available to the Counselling and Wellbeing Services in thirty Universities in the UK and Ireland
SFBT can stand alone as a therapeutic intervention, or it can be used alongside other therapy treatment. It is commonly used to help people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds with issues including
- Anxiety and depression
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship and family difficulties
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Workplace stress and conflict
- Making career and life choices
SFBT is not a cure for psychiatric disorders such as clinical depression and schizophrenia, but it often helps improve the quality of life for people who suffer from those conditions.
WHAT ARE MOOD BOOSTER REVIEWS
MoodBooster is designed to be as brief and lightweight as possible to fit in with your lifestyle. It works on the principle of inter-related support “Reviews” delivered in brief sessions through your day and week, rather than the typical weekly session, which some people find leaves them with inadequate resources in between meetings
MoodBooster sessions are designed to compliment each other and work together. They are designed to set up a benevolent circle: noticing progress gives the motivation and encouragement towards helpful action that leads to more signs of progress, and so on.